Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pot Roast

Pot roast has always been a favorite for me, my mom would make it a lot. I loved how the beef would just fall apart and how soft and tender the vegetables would be. This meal reminds me of home. My version uses my Mom's recipe at its base but I have added my own seasoning as my mom has never been a big fan of using herbs. This meal can be made in a low cooker but I prefer to cook it in a pot on the stove for a few hours. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
2-3 lb Boneless Chuck Roast
3 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 cups baby carrots
5 red potatoes, quartered
1 tbs dried rosemary
1 tbs dried thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a large skillet, heat oil. Salt and pepper the roast and then sear all sides including edges. Place roast in a large pot. Add onion, garlic and herbs. Add water until roast is covered.
2. Bring pot to a boil and reduce heat and simmer. Cook 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add vegetables and cook an additional hour. Check vegetables for tenderness and cook longer if desired. Serve and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment