Saturday, March 5, 2016

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know about you, but I love big chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite cookie and pretty high up on the list for my favorite sweet. I have tried many recipes and they came out too crunchy or too cake-like so when I found these I was completely in heaven. Everything from the chewy delicious batter to the gooey chocolate chips, this cookie is divine. My son tells everybody that mom makes the best cookies. I'll take it!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour, all purpose
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup (12 tbs) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
12 oz semisweet morsels

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl ( I use my stand up Kitchenaid Mixer) add butter and sugars, mix well. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Mix until it is well incorporated and looks creamy.
3. Add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix by hand, making sure they are evenly mixed within the batter.
4. Take 1/4 cup of batter and roll into a ball. Place one and a half to two inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake 11-15 minutes per batch, rotating the tray about half way through. In my oven 12-13 minutes tends to be perfect, but ovens can vary and baking can be tricky.
5. Allow to cool about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment