Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tuna Casserole

I don't know about you, but I love a good tuna casserole.  From the crispy cracker top to the noodley goodness below, this meal can really hit the spot.  I learned this recipe from my mom, but have made a few small adjustments over the last thirteen years that I have been making it.  I prefer to use mostly name brand ingredients in this, but it is up to you what brands you grow an allegiance to.  I can say that this tuna casserole leaves everyone in my house coming back for more.



Ingredients:

1/2 bag of No Yolks wide egg noodles
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 can of Leseur baby peas
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
12 oz can tuna
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed
Salt and Pepper to taste

  1. Preheat oven to 375°.  Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Set aside.
  2. In a large pot, bring 6 cups water to a boil.  Add egg noodles.  Cook as directed on the package, drain.  
  3. Place noodles back into the large pot.  Add can of cream of celery soup, tuna, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese.  Stir together until mixed well and then add the peas.  Stir in gently, so that the peas remain intact.
  4. Scoop mixture into glass baking dish and coat with the cheddar cheese.  Top with cracker crumbs.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crackers are crisp and casserole is bubbling underneath.  Let stand for 3-5 minutes and then serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment