Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

This was one of the first things that I was able to call my recipe.  Always good and hearty, chicken parm tops my list of favorites.  This meal takes a while to prepare, but is well worth all the trouble once its done.  I recommend pairing it with some noodles and sauce and some garlic bread.

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
(I use Ragu)
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 cup Parmesan cheese (from the green jar)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz package of your favorite pasta

1.  Preheat your oven to 350°.  Preheat your frying pan to medium.  Add one tbsp of oil to it.  Add cooking spray to your glass baking dish.

2.  Trim and discard the fat from your chicken.  Mix your Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs together in a small mixing bowl.  Beat your egg until mixed well.  Dip chicken in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and place in your preheated pan.

3.  Cook about 10 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally.  Place your chicken in a glass baking dish.  Top your chicken with about 2 tbsp of spaghetti sauce.  Add a large handful of shredded mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast.

4.  Place chicken in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.  During this time, I usually boil my noodles and cook my garlic bread, so that it all gets done about the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment