Sunday, November 2, 2014

Chicken Sausage & Cabbage Stew

This is my new take on an old favorite, kielbasa and cabbage.  Since I am eating healthy, I have had to find a way to make the recipe a little healthier and I did that by using chicken sausage instead of kielbasa.  I like the Johnsonville Chicken and Apple Sausage but I am sure any type would work. This meal is definitely a fall favorite in my house.

Ingredients:

I pkg Johnsonville Chicken & Apple sausage
4 medium red potatoes, chopped
1 medium rutabaga, chopped
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1/2 head of green cabbage, chopped
15 baby carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp thyme
1/2 Tbsp oregano
Sea salt & black pepper to taste

Instructions:
1.  Place rutabaga, onion, carrots, garlic and spices in a large pot.  Add 4-5 cups water (enough to cover everything.)  Bring to a boil.  Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.

2.  Add potatoes and sausage.  Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.

3.  Add cabbage.  Cover and simmer another 10 minutes.  Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment